After almost a year of drooling for this gadget, I finally decided it's time to own one of them. :)
This year's IT Show gave me that last push in deciding to get the 11.6" version of the Samsung Series 9. I was a bit hesitant because of the wifi issues other users have pointed out and that its specs are below par than those in the same price range with the other brands out there. But, what the heck. I'll compromise for now. I also considered getting the Lenovo IdeaPad U300s and the Asus Zenbook because of the specs but then I thought there's a chance I'd regret not getting it so I brushed the idea off and bought Sammy.
I tested its connectivity as soon as I got home and found out that this isn't the case for this model. Atleast, for now. :)
I'll try to post updates about my experience with this device as I play with it. So far, I'm in love with it.
I've read reviews that users who bought the same model also bought the Intel Centrino Advanced N-6230 to change the Broadcom wifi adapter. Do you think I should?
I haven't bought Microsoft Office for it yet and I don't think I will in the next few months as I don't really use it that much. I think the Office Starter would suffice for now.
* It really boots up fast. Atleast 3 seconds and then it's good to go. No more pre-laptop activities moments.
* The display is amazing.
* Really, really light. Almost as light as my iPad 2.
* The battery lasts around 3-3.30 hours on a full-charged experience. Their marketing team said I'd get up to 7 hours.
* I'm used to having little to medium icons in my desktop. This one shows desktop icons like netbooks.
* Fingerprint magnet even at the base of the machine. I will be looking at cases for this once I have the time.